Opera and general trivia quiz
12 Mar 2020
12 Mar 2020
1. Which character is a bird-catcher in Mozart’s The Magic Flute?
2. The Galapagos Islands are part of which country?
3. Thom Yorke is the lead singer of which band?
4. What was the first opera to be performed at the Bayreuth Festival?
5. Which Jane Austen novel is the 1995 movie Clueless based?
6. What do the letters W and D in WD-40 stand for?
7. Which opera opens with the line: ‘Questo Mar Rosso mi ammollisce’ (‘This Red Sea is freezing me’)?
8. Which number does a score refer to?
9. What is the food of the gods according to Greek and Roman mythology?
10. In which Italian city is Teatro alla Scala?
11. Which Broadway musical was based on Borodin’s Prince Igor?
12. What job in a circus does a funambulist hold?
13. Which celebrated ‘old master’ married Saskia van Uylenbug?
14. Who composed an opera for coronation of Queen Elizabeth II?
15. Which operatic tenor had the first million-selling record?
16. What is a maker of hats called?
17. What mammal has the longest pregnancy?
18. In a Seinfeld episode, which board game do Jerry and Bubble Boy fight over?
19. What two sports were added to the Olympics in 2009?
20. In which opera does the soprano die by being thrown into a cauldron of boiling oil?