Next Victorian Opera performance
Petra in Sondheim's A Little Night Music, June – July 2019
Last 3 major performances
- Sibella Hallward, A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder, The Production Company, 2018
- Mary, Jesus Christ Superstar, The Production Company, 2017
- Anita, West Side Story, Michael Brenner for BB Promotion GMBH, Howard Panter for Ambassador Theatre Group, Lunchbox Theatrical Productions, David Atkins Enterprises and Tulchin Bartner Productions, 2010
- Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School
- Centrestage Performing Arts School
- Howard Fine Acting Studio
Age when you started singing
Carmen – apparently when I was a toddler my mum put the music of Carmen on and I couldn’t stop dancing to it.
Favourite musical role to perform
Playing Anita in West Side Story has been a highlight and the music is exquisite.
A fun fact not many people know about you
I’m a dolphin whisperer. We tend to have a mutual attraction and then end up swimming with them in the wild.
Tell us about your hobbies outside opera.
I perform and have recorded two albums with my bands Alinta and the Jazz Emperors and Hook Turn Orchestra
- Green Room Award for best supporting actress in a musical – Svetlana in Chess
- Helpmann Nomination for Best Supporting Female in a musical – Anita in West Side Story
- Australian Dance Award for most outstanding performance – Anita in West Side Story
“Chidzey with her clear, bright but powerful voice is charming and engaging”
Kate Herbert, Herald Sun
“Chidzey grabs focus the minute she walks on stage”
Jason Blake, Sydney Morning Herald