Last Victorian Opera performance
Jew in Strauss' Salome, February 2020
Last 3 major performances
- Nerone in Monteverdi's L’Incoronazione di Poppea, Gertrude Opera, 2019
- Graf Albert in Korngold's Die tote Stadt, Staatsoper Hamburg, 2016
- Gastone in Verdi's La traviata, Staatsoper Hamburg, 2016
- BMus (Hons), University of Melbourne
- LLB, University of Melbourne
- MMus (Opera Performance), University of Melbourne in association with Victorian Opera
Age when you started singing
I would find it difficult to choose between Salome, Tristan und Isolde, Don Carlos and The Rake’s Progress.
Favourite opera role to perform
Anything I am currently in.
A fun fact not many people know about you
My sister Janet Todd is a soprano, but we struggle to find duets to sing together, as the tenor and soprano characters are usually lovers.
Where’s the strangest place you’ve performed?
I once sang a Messiah in Naracoorte Caves. Very atmospheric, but also quite dusty!
“An intelligent singer with an expansive musical understanding.”