Previous Victorian Opera performance
Amfortas in Parsifal, February 2019
Last 3 major performances
- Schaunard in Puccini's La Bohème, Tiroler Festspiele Erl
- Allazim in Mozart's Zaide, Tiroler Festspiele Erl
- Wotan in Wagner's Das Rheingold, Tiroler Festspiele Erl
- Bachelor of Environmental Science (Honours) at University of New South Wales
Age when you started singing
Too hard – depends on so much, but Rigoletto, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg and Le Nozze di Figaro would all be up there.
Favourite opera role to perform
Rigoletto or Beckmesser
A fun fact not many people know about you
When I was 21, I randomly watched an old video of a primary school musical I was in, singing Bert in ‘Mary Poppins’, and afterwards thought I’d have a few singing lessons for fun.
Where’s the strangest place you’ve performed?
Probably an audition I had in Berlin for an agent years ago which was held in an old abattoir!
- Vienna State Opera Award
- Mietta Song Recital Award
- Britten-Pears Young Artist Award
"The captivating, precise articulation of Roser (he is Australian), refraining from any "dramatising" body movements and facial expressions, allowed for a focus upon his powerful, expressive voice…"
Winterreise: Die Badener Zeitung