Last Victorian Opera performance
Tjatjarrang in Parrwang Lifts the Sky, June 2021
Parrwang Lifts the Sky Digital Access premiered on Saturday 19 June and is available on-demand until Sunday 19 December.
Last 3 major performances
- Alice, Pecan Summer, Short Black Opera
- Backing Vocals, Eurovision, Kate Miller-Heidke
- Flinch, The Rabbits, Opera Australia
Age when you started singing
I started singing at the age of 17 as a jazz singer in Sydney.
Everyday Rapture by Dick Scanlan and Sherie Rene Scott
Favourite opera role to perform
Flinch, The Rabbits
A fun fact not many people know about you
I love to rearrange all the furniture in my house, regularly.
Where's the strangest place you've performed?
Kalamina Gorge, Karijini National Park, WA
- Green Room Award for Best Supporting Actress in an Opera, The Rabbits
- Broadway World Award for Best Supporting Actress in an Opera, Pecan Summer
- Smuggler of Light Award, APRA AMCOS
“When you sing with Jess you have to step up to the plate” - Paul Kelly
“Jess has one of those voices that just captivates you immediately, whisking you away to another realm for the precious few minutes you are blessed with her company. Such pristine tone, such power, such emotion, Jess Hitchcock’s voice is a force of nature” - Brenton Harris, MusicFeeds