Last Victorian Opera performance
Figaro in The Barber of Seville, December 2019
Last 3 major performances
These have been my recent favourites:
- Scarpia in Puccini's Tosca, Opera Queensland, 2019
- Germont in Verdi's La traviata, Opera Australia, Arts Centre Melbourne, 2018 - including 50th performance of Germont for Opera Australia
- Alfio / Tonio in Cavalleria Rusticana / I Pagliacci, Opera Australia, Arts Centre Melbourne, 2017 (Helpmann Award Nomination and Green Room Award Nomination)
Age when you started singing
Favourite opera role to perform
Scarpia in Tosca
A fun fact not many people know about you
I love to work on my property in the Gold Coast Hinterland, on my excavator.
Where’s the strangest place you’ve performed?
On top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Tell us about your hobbies outside opera.
Rugby league tragic, Argentine barbecuing and heavy machinery.
- Helpmann Award 2014, Best Male Performer in a Supporting Role
- Debut Album, My Latin Heart, nominated for ARIA Classical Record of the Year.
"Carbo has it all. Latin matinee-idol looks, charismatic physicality, confident comic timing, and most importantly, a very attractive note-perfect baritone voice that is ideally suited to this repertoire."
Josephine Giles, Aussietheatre.com.au, 30 April 2012
“Carbó swaggers around the stage as if he owns it, as a good Figaro should. He’s handsome, charismatic, and utterly assured, with a beautifully produced baritone that has a surprisingly easy top.”
Melinda Bargreen, The Classical Review, 16 January 2011