Next Victorian Opera productions
Herodias in Strauss' Salome, February 2020
Brigitta in Korngold's Die tote Stadt, August 2020
Last 3 major performances
- Mahler, Das lied von der Erde, Port Fairy Festival, October 2019
- Mahler, Rueckert Lieder, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, June 2018
- Erda in Wagner's Ring Cycle, Opera Australia, 2016
- Melba Conservatorium of Music
- Teachers: Joan Arnold OBE, Janice Chapman MOA, Brigitte Fassbaender
- Mentors: Elizabeth Connell, Stefan Cassomenos
Age when you started singing
Favourite opera or musical
Verdi’s Un ballo in maschera
Favourite role to perform
Azucena in Il trovatore
A fun fact not many people know about you
I do a Judy Garland show and sing in belt voice.
What do you like to sing in the shower?
Judy Garland power ballads.
"Most moving was a gossamer rendition of the Mahler Ruckert Lieder by Keegan, her effortless line and a diaphanous orchestral accompaniment, floating the listener into dreamscapes of fragrance, celestial gazing and solitary musings."
Eamonn Kelly, The Australian, 17 August 2018.
"Liane Keegan makes a thrillingly sung Erda, her rich Alto riding Wagners orchestral textures."
Clive Paget, Limelight