Last Victorian Opera production
Mr Lindquist in Sondheim's A Little Night Music, June - July 2019
Last 3 most interesting productions
- World premiere of three mini operas at fast food restaurants during regular opening hours in Zürich
- Don Giovanni production in collaboration with Centre Chorégraphique National de Montpellier
- Les pêcheurs de perles set in a night club in Berlin-Neukölln
- Only had one voice teacher for twenty years, starting at the age of ten at Oper Frankfurt
- Studied music pedagogy, but with piano, not voice
- Always had a focus on Lied, had classes with Dalton Baldwin, Irwin Gage, Graham Johnson
Age when you started singing
First thing I did was the little brat in La Bohème 'Vo la tromba e il cavallin' at Oper Frankfurt aged ten.
Favourite opera or musical
I admit I have a weakness for Puccini … But then I really love Der Rosenkavalier!
Favourite opera or musical role to perform
Any Mozart role, they are always so relatable.
A fun fact not many people know about you
As everyone thought I should study something ‘proper’ I also enrolled for Philosophy, Theatre/Film/Media Science, graduated with Master’s degree, never used it again. Also founded an agency for communication design from which I later set myself free by selling to my business partners.
Tell us about your hobbies outside opera
Lied! I really love the Lied, the poems, the discussions with the accompanist. And travelling, exploring, doing new things. Definitely not sports.