Last Victorian Opera performance
Don Basilio in The Barber of Seville, December 2019
Last 3 major performances
- Sony Classical recordings, Alidoro in Cenerentola
- Washington Opera, Raimondo in Lucia di Lammermoor
- Teatro Liceu di Barcelona, Henry VII with Monsterrat Caballé
- Accademia Chigiana in Siena and private studies
- Teachers: Carlo Bergonzi, Renata Scotto, Magda Oliviero, Leo NUcci, Paolo Montarsolo, Shirley Verrett, Alfredo Kraus
- Bachelor degree in literature and philosophy
Age when you started singing
As long as I have memories; I was a baby.
Do not have just one. Among the many I love there is Assur in Semiramide and Filippo II in Don Carlo.
Favourite opera role to perform
Assur, Don Basilio, Mustafà.
A fun fact not many people know about you
Not many people think at first that I am an opera singer… I always need to sing first
Tell us about your hobbies outside opera
Opera and music for me is not a hobby, it is my passion my job and also my life. I am not an opera lover, I am an opera singer. I do not often go to attend shows unless there are friends performing because I feel uncomfortable not being on stage. Next year I will celebrate 30 years of career, I spent most of my life performing on stage and being in the audience does no longer belong to me. My life is full of many other things including teaching. I do not have specific hobbies or habits, I pretty much change all the time.