Last Victorian Opera performance
Baritone in Heroic Bel Canto, July 2019
Last 3 major performances
- Masetto in Mozart's Don Giovanni, Opera Queensland, 2018
- Morales in Bizet's Carmen, Opera Queensland & QSO, 2017
- Mozart Airborne, Expressions Dance Company & Opera Queensland, 2017
- Bachelor of Music, Queensland Conservatorium, 2011-2015
- Melba Opera Trust, 2017-2019
- Lisa Gasteen Opera School, 2014 & 2017
Age when you started singing
Favourite opera or musical
Janáček’s The Cunning Little Vixen
Favourite opera or musical role to perform
Papageno, The Magic Flute
A fun fact not many people know about you
I have grown and farmed Pleurotus Ostreatus (Oyster Mushrooms).
Where’s the strangest place you’ve performed?
In the Capricorn Caves, Rockhampton, with Underground Opera.
“...Samuel Piper has more honey in his sound than Masetto’s character usually demands, which made the audience somewhat more sympathetic with his egoistic jealousy than is usually the case...”
Limelight Magazine, 2018
“...baritone Sam Piper, a real discovery with his rich, effortless, warm, velvety rendering of Beethoven’s Adelaide and Barber’s Dover Beach...”
Australian Stage, 2017