Full lyric Soprano
Last Victorian Opera performance
Mrs Waa in Parrwang Lifts the Sky, June 2021
Last 3 major performances
- Soprano Soloist in Peter and the Wolf, Melbourne Symphony Orschestra, 2021
- Ensemble in RAGTIME the Musical, The Production Company, 2020
- Emerging Composer and Soprano in Opening night Gala and closing nights - Port Fairy Spring Music Festival, 2019
- Bachelor of Music (Classical Voice), Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, University of Melbourne
- Melba Scholar, Dame Nellie Melba Opera Trust
- Canto de las Americas, Belle Arti Center of the Arts, New York
Age when you started singing
I have been singing for as long as I can remember. I wrote my first song at 10, but I started training in classical voice when I was 32.
Favourite opera or musical
Opera: La bohème
Favourite opera or musical role to perform
Opera: Mimi in La bohème
Musical: Sarah in RAGTIME
A fun fact not many people know about you
I have an affinity with hospitals.
What do you like to sing in the shower?
Lots of things! Songs I am rehearsing and new songs I create while in the shower.
Where's the strangest place you've performed?
Well, it wasn't submerged in water. It was above ground and on land but it was loads of fun!
Nominated for Best Actress in an Opera and Best Supporting Actress in an Opera - Broadway World Awards, 2016 Nominated for Most Promising New Talent in Music - Deadly Awards, 2005.
"...an utter privilege to witness" - Australianjazz.net