Next Victorian Opera performance
Fredrika Armfeldt in Sondheim's A Little Night Music, June – July 2019
Last 3 major performances
- Yniold in Debussy's Pelléas et Mélisande, Victorian Opera, 2018
- Pepik / Cricket / Fox cub in Janáček's The Cunning Little Vixen, Victorian Opera, 2017
- Saint Theresa 1 in Thomson's Four Saints in Three Acts, Victorian Opera, 2016
- I grew up in a very musical family <3
- VOYCE (Victorian Opera Youth Chorus Ensemble) 2016-2017
- St Michael’s Grammar School, where I not only received the best education but was mentored, inspired and encouraged constantly throughout my schooling (2013-2018).
- Currently in my first year of a Bachelor of Music (Classical Voice) at WAAPA, learning from my wonderful singing teacher Emma Matthews, and loving every second.
Age when you started singing
Started lessons at 14, but I was always singing as a child, as I grew up in a very musical family.
Favourite opera or musical
My favourite opera of all time would have to be Madame Butterfly and my favourite musical would have to be Miss Saigon or Sweeney Todd or ... The list is endless.
Favourite opera or musical role to perform
I have loved every role that I’ve ever had a chance to play so far. Yniold in Victorian Opera’s production of Pelléas et Mélisande would have to be one of my favourites.
A fun fact not many people know about you
I recently discovered that I can do polyphonic-overtone singing.
What do you like to sing in the shower?
Everything and anything that comes into my head... Etta James, Queen, George Michael, Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, and... every opera and musical theatre song ever!
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to my roommates for all the noise.
‘Sophia Wasley interpreted Yniold with remarkable veracity. This petite soprano pulled boyish faces, from puzzlement to wonder, and revealed a voice of lovely purity with a golden lower register.’
Patricia Maunder, Limelight