Last Victorian Opera performance
Doctor Bartolo in The Barber of Seville, December 2019
Last 3 major performances
- Amonasro in Verdi's Aida, Finnish National Opera, 2019
- Athanael in Massenet's Thaïs, Finnish National Opera, 2019
- Beckmesser in Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, Opera Australia, 2018
- Victorian College of the Arts
- Canberra School of Music
- Teachers: Joshua Hecht, Donna Balson, Deborah Polaski
Age when you started singing
Der Ring des Nibelungen
Favourite opera role to perform
Alberich (although I’m soon to do Wotan in Singapore!)
A fun fact not many people know about you
Aunty Jack is a huge influence. Grahame Bond’s The Aunty Jack Show was my favourite thing when I was a pre-schooler.
Where’s the strangest place you’ve performed?
The ladies’ toilet in Melbourne Town Hall.
- Helpmann Award (Alberich)
- Green Room Award (Schaunard)
- Churchill Fellowship
- Bayreuth Scholarship
"Fyfe mesmerised the audience with his big, blustering voice and stage presence."
Limelight Magazine, 5 October 2019
“Warwick Fyfe nails Beckmesser’s sleaze and spite, vocally soaring with almost impossible ease over the 100-odd piece orchestra”
Sydney Morning Herald, 14 November 2018