Book more, save more
Choose your own subscription to personalise a package to suit your taste, style, budget and schedule.
- Book 2 shows and save 15%
- Book 3 shows and save 25%
- Book 4+ shows and save 35%
Need ideas for the perfect Christmas gift? We've got something for everyone.
Browse Season 2018
The Magic Pudding - The Opera 15-17 March at Arts Centre Melbourne, Playhouse
Hansel and Gretel 9 June at Arts Centre Melbourne, Playhouse
William Tell 14-19 July at Palais Theatre, St Kilda
The Capulets and the Montagues 14 September at Arts Centre Melbourne, Hamer Hall
Pelleas and Melisande 11-13 October at Palais Theatre, St Kilda
Lorelei 3-10 November at The Coopers Malthouse, Merlyn Theatre
2018 Subscription Packages
|2 Show Package||Save 15% on any two shows|
|3 Show Package||Save 25% on any three shows|
|4+ Show Package||Save 35% on any four or more shows|
Subscription pricing applies to Full, Concession, Senior and 30 Years and Under ticket buyers, and across all price reserves. Discount savings are based on Single Ticket prices for 2018. Tickets must be purchased in a single transaction as a package. A $8.50 Subscription Processing Fee applies per order to bookings made online, by phone or mail.
Please allow up to four weeks for your subscription to be processed.
If you have any issues booking online, please phone the Victorian Opera Subscription line on 1300 822 849 and a ticketing agent will be happy to assist you.
- Subscriptions on sale - Wednesday 27 September 2017
- Single Tickets on sale - Monday 30 October 2017
If you are 30 Years and Under, there are two options:
- Personalise a subscription as above and pay just $30 per show.
- Sold Out! Buy an unlimited Season Pass for $100 and see every performance in 2018. Numbers are limited to 25, so don’t wait! More information and how to book can be found here. (Terms and Conditions apply.)
Get the most out of your subscription
- Two shows is the perfect package to discover Victorian Opera and the diversity of our programming. For example, choose the epic William Tell and a new Australian work, Lorelei.
- Looking for a family friendly option? Choose a two-show package of our delightful and affordable productions, The Magic Pudding – The Opera and Hansel and Gretel.
- Three performances is a great way to sample Season 2018. For example, choose the epic William Tell, the mesmerising Pelleas and Melisande and our new work, Lorelei.
- For the best savings, book four or more performances. For example, choose William Tell, Pelleas and Melisande, The Capulets and the Montagues and Lorelei and save enough money to add The Magic Pudding – The Opera and Hansel and Gretel.
Opt-in to the Victorian Opera mailing list when you subscribe to receive advance information about performances, special events and offers.
Your exclusive subscriber benefits include:
- Priority ticketing Enjoy first access to dates and seating for all performances before single tickets go on sale.
- Flexibility and convenience Exclusive advantage of exchanging tickets across the Season. Buy your tickets in advance – if your plans change, simply choose another date.
- New! No ticket exchange fee and no credit card fee for subscribers.
- New! Concession and Senior ticket discounts are now available in Premium seating.
- Family and friends discount Share your love of opera with your friends and family. Purchase additional discounted tickets to all shows.
- Pay in instalments Pay in two easy instalments - 50% at the time of booking and the balance on Friday 15 December 2017.
- Dedicated Victorian Opera subscription line Call 1300 822 849 and the dedicated staff at Arts Centre Melbourne will assist you with all your subscription needs throughout the Season.
- Pre-book valet parking and save Purchase valet parking vouchers for the Arts Centre Melbourne car park for The Capulets and the Montagues, Lorelei and The Magic Pudding - The Opera. Numbers are limited.
- New! Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra (TSO) Receive a 10% discount on single price tickets to the TSO’s 2018 concert season with proof of a current Victorian Opera subscription.
How to Subscribe
- Choose the performances and dates you want to attend.
- Choose the numbers of tickets you will need for each performance.
- Complete the booking form (hard copy or online)
- Submit your subscription by post, by phone, in person or online.
1300 822 849 Victorian Opera Subscription line (via Arts Centre Melbourne)
Victorian Opera Subscriptions
PO Box 7585
St Kilda Road, VIC 8004
Arts Centre Melbourne
Smorgon Plaza Box Office
(Theatres Building), 100 St Kilda Road
You can pay by cheque (payable to Arts Centre Melbourne) or credit card (Mastercard, VISA, AMEX).
Subscription processing fee
All subscriptions submitted via mail, phone or online will attract an $8.50 subscription processing fee per transaction. Submit all orders for yourself and your co-subscribers together and only pay one fee.
If you are purchasing a subscription for more than one person, there are two options:
Paying together Include the contact details for each person while booking using the form, online or over the phone. There is space for up to four subscribers. Include relevant Concession or Seniors Card numbers or date of birth. Choose the Opt-in for each subscriber if they would like to receive communications from us. Due to Privacy legislation, the confirmation of booking will only be sent to the Primary Subscriber listed on the booking form.
Paying separately Complete separate subscriptions and submit them together. Alternatively, indicate the subscribers you wish to be seated with, on your form (please ask the other subscribers to do the same). If booking online or over the phone, be sure to mention your wish to be seated with other subscribers in your party.
2018 Concession and Discount prices available
- Pension and Health Care Card holders
- Full-time Students
- Seniors Card Holders
- 30 Years and Under
- Groups of 6 or more
- Child prices (14 years and under) for The Magic Pudding - The Opera
- MEAA Members
- Arts Centre Melbourne Arts Industry Card holders