Work with Victorian Opera
Victorian Opera is one of the most exciting opera companies in Australia and we continue to evolve our art form in fascinating ways. We present rarely heard repertoire, new Australian works and operatic masterpieces and we re-imagine this art form with shows featuring circus, puppetry, and spectacular 3D digital scenery.
Development Assistant – Part-time (3 days a week)
List of Duties
In consultation with the Development Manager:
Philanthropic & Government Grants
- Research Trusts and Foundations and Government funding bodies to identify potential funding opportunities
- Ensure application schedule is updated, implemented and aligns with company priorities
- Create funding proposals and reporting documents, coordinate funding submissions and acquittals and ensure timely delivery of all
- Develop and maintain financial records and filing systems, ensuring application and funding deadlines are met and recorded
- With the Development Manager, assist in the cultivation and management of relationships with key representatives from Trusts and Foundations
- Work with relevant Victorian Opera staff to coordinate the appropriate implementation of grant funding
- Assist with additional Development administrative tasks as required
- Assist with the coordination of Development events
- Attend and support Victorian Opera events and performances as required
- Utilise and maintain accurate records in Victorian Opera’s Tessitura database
- Maintain necessary financial records as required
From time to time, the Development Assistant will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within his/her capabilities as directed by the Development Manager. Due to the nature of the role, the Development Assistant may on occasion be required to work outside of normal business hours.
Reports to: Development Manager
The Development Assistant also works closely with the all levels of staff as well as the Individual Giving Manager, Education Officer, & Marketing Coordinator.
How to apply
Please email your current resume/CV and a cover letter to Louise O’Loughlin, Development Manager, email@example.com. Applications close at 11pm on 13 July.
For more information on this position, please contact Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9001 6405.