Work with Victorian Opera
Victorian Opera is one of the most exciting arts companies in Australia. We are committed to presenting creative and accessible opera for everyone, and evolving the art form in adventurous ways. We present rarely heard repertoire, operatic masterpieces and new Australian works, inspiring audiences with an imaginative approach to opera.
The company is seeking a dedicated and committed individual who has experience in fundraising, donor management and a knowledge and interest in the arts. The position of Philanthropy Executive reports to the Development Manager.
About the Position
The Philanthropy Executive role is pivotal to Victorian Opera’s success in generating financial support through donations from individuals. Its purpose is to attract new and maintain current support whilst growing philanthropic contributions annually.
- Support the delivery of the company’s Philanthropy Strategy through developing opportunities to secure new donors whilst maintaining the current network of individual donors across designated levels of giving.
- To meet KPI’s and successfully deliver annual donor income targets.
- Lead the Patrons Program and contribute to the management and successful delivery of all functions, special events. Editorial, copywriting, design and sending of e-communications in order to maintain engagement with donors (Wordfly/Tessitura).
- Promote the Bequest Program and secure future pledges to the company.
- Undertake effective research to identify and target prospective new donors and re-engage with lapsed and past donors.
- Create and oversee the implementation of the Annual Giving Campaign in partnership with the Development Manager.
- Establish and/or maintain donor profiles and important information on the company database - Tessitura.
- Oversee and direct the Office Administrator in the donor renewal notification process and general administrative servicing of donors.
- Oversee and direct the Office Administrator in the necessary financial reporting and taxation/stakeholder communication process for donations.
- Lead individual giving marketing promotions including direct mail and electronic communications, in collaboration with the Development and Marketing teams; Work collaboratively with members of the company, including the Leadership Team and Board.
This position is 3 days a week. 2 days in the office and 1 day out of the office meeting/visiting current and potential donors and bequestors is anticipated. From time to time, you may be asked to perform additional duties as required. You will also be required to work outside normal hours on a regular basis in order to attend events and performances.
Key Skills and Attributes
- At least 8 years' experience in fundraising (experience in the arts preferred but not essential), with demonstrated experience in securing significant donations.
- Experience and proven success in fundraising to increase donation income.
- Strong understanding of donor management.
- Demonstrated marketing skills – particularly in Annual Giving Campaigns.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to relate to diverse individuals.
- Strong networks, preferably in the arts sector.
- Strong financial skills and an ability to prepare financial models and projections.
- Ability to think creatively about income generation.
- Event management, donor marketing and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of government legislation relating to fundraising/donations.
- An interest/knowledge of the performing arts, preferably music and/or opera.
Salary range: $75,000 to $78,000 pro-rata ($45,000 to $46,800) depending on experience.
Reports to: Development Manager
Liaises closely with: Office Administrator, Marketing & Communications team, Artistic Associate
Enquiries to Louise O’Loughlin (03) 9001 6405 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Email your application, including a covering letter and resume, to email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 11 February 2019