Our venue partners have worked diligently to develop venue specific COVID-safe plans and procedures. Each venue's plan can be found via their website.
- Arts Centre Melbourne: Our COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan and your health and safety
- Palais Theatre, St Kilda: Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Information
- Ticketmaster: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
- Melbourne Recital Centre: Attending Events
In conjunction with our venue partners, our efforts to keep audiences, performers and staff safe include a variety of hygiene and safety measures.
- Regular cleaning and sanitisation
- Reduced capacities and access
- Physical distancing and signage
- Hand hygiene
- Cashless venue
- Mask wearing
- Contact tracing
Each venue has updated their conditions of entry and implemented extra health and safety measures to keep our community safe. Venue-specific conditions of entry which can be found on their websites. However, a summary of guidelines include:
- If you are unwell or have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms, should get tested and quarantine until negative test results are confirmed.
- Face masks must be worn in line with Victorian Government guidelines.
- By entering any of our venues, you agree to the healthy and safety requirements listed on their websites.
- Our venue partners retain the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not follow their health and safety measures.
- If you suspect you have COVID-19, please phone Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398.
The safety of our audiences is paramount. If you or a member of your household is unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms before a performance, please stay home.
To exchange or refund your tickets due to feeling unwell, please contact us by phone or email prior to the scheduled performance.
You can reach the Victorian Opera ticketing team at email@example.com or phone (03) 9001 6400 (Monday to Friday, 9:30 am – 4.30 pm). We can assist you with an exchange or other arrangement.