- Margaret Fulton: The Musical at Arts Centre Melbourne, Playhouse scheduled from 15-19 September 2020 has been cancelled.
- Die tote Stadt at Arts Centre Melbourne, Hamer Hall on Friday 21 August has been cancelled has been cancelled due to continued travel restrictions.
- The June productions of Cinderella (Cendrillon), Three Tales and Victorian Opera's Youth Chorus Ensemble (VOYCE) Concert at Arts Centre Melbourne were cancelled.
- The Friends of Salamanca at Arts Centre Melbourne, Playhouse scheduled from 25-26 September 2020 has been postponed until 2021 (dates to be confirmed).
- The Who’s Tommy at the Palais Theatre, St Kilda, scheduled from 14-22 August 2020 has been postponed until August 2021 (dates to be confirmed).
- The June production of Yma Sumac: The Peruvian Songbird has been postponed to later in the year (dates to be confirmed).
For officially cancelled or postponed performances, customers can request the following options:
- Refund of the price of tickets to the original payment method.
- Donation of the price of the tickets to Victorian Opera. All donations will be recognised with a tax-deductible receipt.
- Transfer of tickets for shows that are postponed.
Our ticketing team is contacting subscribers and ticket holders for affected performances. We appreciate your patience with this process. For any urgent concerns or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9001 6412 (Monday to Friday, 10am-5pm).
Victorian Opera recognises the challenges these cancellations place on the artists and technical staff engaged on each production. We are working as an organisation to provide avenues of support for those impacted and creating new digital projects as an important means of generating employment while continuing dialogues with our family of sponsors and supporters.
Stay safe and take care.
Updated 30 June