Providing an industry-based experience
Applications for Victorian Opera’s 2024 Work Experience Program will open Monday 12 February (Week 3, Term 1).
Our Work Experience Program gives Year 10 students the chance to work with other like minded students whilst being mentored by leading professionals in the performing arts industry. At the conclusion of the week, students present their own production plan to the Company Executive, covering design, direction, company management and budget.
The 2024 Work Experience Program will run from Monday 22 July to Friday 26 July (Week 2, Term 3), coinciding with the last week of studio rehearsals of our Grand Lyric Opera, La Rondine by Puccini.
How to Apply
Applications Open Monday 12 February 2024
Limited places are available and interested students need to submit an application letter covering the following points:
- A brief introduction of themselves,
- Their chosen field to work in for the week and any experience they may have in this area,
- Any additional performing, crew or front-of-house experience they have had,
- Why they would like to work with Victorian Opera to complete their work experience,
- A signed short endorsement statement from their Performing Arts teacher outlining why they would be a suitable candidate.
Application letters should be no longer than 1½ pages in length, set out in a clear and professional manner and be emailed to our Education Team at email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 19 April 2024, 5.00pm, unless places are filled prior to this date