Dramatic Coloratura Soprano
Upcoming Victorian Opera performance
Kathryn will be playing The Trainbearer & The Overseer in Elektra, September 2022.
Echo and Narcissus Digital Access premiered on Friday 19 March and is available on-demand until Sunday 19 December.
Last 3 major performances
- 1st Flower Maiden in Wagner's Parsifal, Victorian Opera, 2019
- Delia in Rossini's Il Viaggio a Reims, Opera Australia, 2019
- Opera Gala Sydney Opera House, Opera Australia, 2018
- Bachelor of Music (Honours), Victorian College of the Arts
Age when you started singing
That is not possible to name, it would be like choosing a favourite family member! But...I'm a sucker for Mozart and bel canto.
Favourite opera or musical role to perform
I have a one year old, so...'If you're happy and you know it - clap your hands!'
A fun fact not many people know about you
I also decorate cakes for a living. If you ever need a friend to make you fat - I'm your girl!
What do you like to sing in the shower?
Trashy pop. It's so good.
- Herald Sun Aria (2014)
- Opera Foundation Vienna Award (2015)
"Kathryn Radcliffe sang the role with lushness and purity from a secret location. My guess is that Radcliffe sang from the pit - her voice sailing high and glorious from below."
Opera Chaser, 17 June 2019