Last Victorian Opera performance
Jew in Strauss' Salome, February 2020
Last 3 major performances
- Squire 4 in Wagner's Parsifal, Victorian Opera, 2019
- Rodolphe in Rossini's William Tell, Victorian Opera, 2018
- Ralph Rackstraw in Gilbert and Sullivan's H.M.S. Pinafore, Melbourne Opera 2017
- National Theatre Graduate – Music Theatre Course
Age when you started singing
10 years old in the Mt Martha Primary School concert singing The Never Ending Story solo.
Favourite opera or musical
Favourite opera or musical role to perform
A fun fact not many people know about you
I am a keen cross country skier and also heavily into extreme telemark skiing in both back country and ski resorts.
Where’s the strangest place you’ve performed?
My first time performing the tenor solo in Handel’s Messiah was in a marquee in Halls Gap.
- Opera Chaser Award: Outstanding Male in a Supporting Role - The Abduction from the Seraglio, Melbourne Opera, 2016
- Helpmann Nomination: Best Male Performer in a Supporting Role in an Opera – Rembrandt’s Wife, Victorian Opera, 2009
- Green Room Nomination: Best Male in a Supporting Role – Rembrandt’s Wife, Victorian Opera, 2009
- Green Room Nomination: Best Male in a Supporting Role – Ariadne Auf Naxos, Victorian Opera, 2009
- RMP Aria People’s Choice Award, 2009
“As lowly sailor Ralph Rackstraw, tenor Paul Biencourt was the other standout in this well-cast outfit. Lost in a dream world of love for a woman of a higher standing, Biencourt captured the heart effortlessly with a deeply impassioned performance and a treasure chest of vocal riches.”
Paul Selar, Herald Sun, 15 March 2017 – HMS Pinafore, Melbourne Opera, 2017