Upcoming Victorian Opera performance
Stephen will be performing in Heros and Villans - Ballarat Opera Prize, April 2022, The Giant in The Selfish Giant, May 2022, Old Servant in Elektra, September 2022 and Dandini in La Cenerentola, November 2022.
Last 3 major performances
- The Giant in Bruckard's The Selfish Giant, Victorian Opera, 2019
- Grail Knight 2 in Wagner’s Parsifal, Victorian Opera, 2019
- Gregorio in Gounod's Romeo and Juliet, Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra, 2018
I have been studying voice for the last 6 years with Roger Howell in Geelong. I was a member of the Victorian Opera Young Artist Program for the 2017-2018 Seasons. I have been a Melba Opera Trust Scholar for 2018-2019 and I am also a member of the inaugural intake of the Richard Divall Emerging Artist Program.
My favourite opera is Verdi’s Rigoletto.
Favourite opera role to perform
I hope one day to have an opportunity to play the title role in Rigoletto but to this point my favourite role to play in an opera has been Peter in Victorian Opera's 2018 production of Hansel and Gretel, which was part of the Education Program.
A fun fact not many people know about you
My ancestors that first came to Australia were actually pirates which is pretty cool!
What are you currently listening to?
Where’s the strangest place you’ve performed?
It would have to be in the Naracoorte cave system in South Australia. Opera Scholars Australia held a gala concert there along with Australian Air Holidays every year from 2012 to 2016. It was quite spectacular having the chance to perform in such a place of natural beauty covered in candles and it had an amazing acoustic!
- 1st place in the Melbourne Welsh Male Choir 'Singer of the Year' competition, 2018
- 2nd place in the ‘Limestone Coast Aria’ competition, 2018
- Finalist in the Herald Sun Aria Competition