Work with Victorian Opera
Victorian Opera is one of the most exciting arts companies in Australia. We are committed to presenting creative and accessible opera for everyone, and evolving the art form in adventurous ways. We present rarely heard repertoire, operatic masterpieces and new Australian works, inspiring audiences with an imaginative approach to opera.
The role works as part of the Victorian Opera Senior Leadership Team and covers the education portfolio at Victorian Opera. Working with the Chief Executive Officer, Artistic Director, Head of Finance and Corporate Services, the Education Manager will work towards Victorian Opera achieving its goals of:
- Delivery of all educational productions and events to the highest possible standard.
- Key liaison for all education programs.
- Administration and management of all external staff and creatives associated with the education program.
- Communication of all relevant information and documentation to relevant staff and stakeholders.
- The Access All Areas Live Stream Program and performances, the annual production and associated workshops for years Foundation to Year 6.
- Victorian Opera Youth Chorus Ensemble program.
- Annual Youth Opera Program for the Victorian Opera Youth Chorus Ensemble (VOYCE).
- Education eNews information one per school term.
As an Administrator:
- Planning and implementation of the Access All Areas Live Stream Program. This includes 4 live workshops, 4 schools performances including one relaxed performance.
- Data management of the programs and information to include for acquittal purposes.
- Victorian Opera Youth Chorus Ensemble administration including auditions, arrangement of sessions, Child Employment requirements if necessary, communication with participants and guardians.
- Facilitation of the Youth Ambassador Program, working closely with Marketing team.
- Administration of Work Experience Program for year 10 students.
- Update of Education web page as required.
- Maintain relationships with funding stakeholders, other arts organisations and education institutions.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- The successful candidate will have a knowledge of music and production.
- Experience in a similar role or transferable skills
- Ability to work in a team, hire and manage a team and work across departments
- Enthusiasm for, and experience with the creative sector
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to manage relationships across the organisation.
- High attention to detail
Please submit a current curriculum vitae and a cover letter addressing the Key Responsibilities contained in this advertisement.
Application can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are open until COB Friday 5 August 2022
Victorian Opera seeks to work with the very best talent available. We value diversity, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, cultural background and ethnicity, and encourage all to apply.
There are currently no auditions scheduled. Future opportunities will be listed on this page.