Last Victorian Opera performance
Mr Waa in Deborah Cheetham's Parrwang Lifts the Sky
Parrwang Lifts the Sky Digital Access premiered on Saturday 19 June and is available on-demand until Sunday 19 December.
Last 3 major performances
- Mr Mayor, The Pied Piper, Victorian Opera
- The King, Cendrillon, Victorian Opera
- Morales, Carmen, Australian Music Events
- Bachelor of Music, Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, University of Melbourne
Age when you started singing
I started singing when I joined the Australian Children’s Choir at 9 years old.
Eugene Onegin - Tchaikovsky
Favourite opera role to perform
Riccardo - I Puritani
A fun fact not many people know about you
I am an avid baker and cake decorator. I love being able to create something with my hands that other people can enjoy!
Where’s the strangest place you’ve performed?
Inside an underground cave in Naracoorte, South Australia.
- Robert Salzer Foundation Award, National Liederfest
- Murray Ormond Vagg Scholarship, University of Melbourne
- Peter Chapple Memorial Prize
- Nellie Melba Prize, University of Melbourne
- Florence Bradford Scholarship, University of Melbourne
- Lady Turner Exhibition in Music, University of Melbourne
- Lady Turner Prize, University of Melbourne
- Muriel Cheek Memorial Scholarship, University of Melbourne
"As Herod, Kiran Rajasingam’s deeply focused performance and expressive voice encapsulated his character’s ruthlessness."
Paul Selar, Aussie Theatre
Kiran Rajasingam… had brief moments of serious singing, yet [was] well able to simultaneously provide the comic relief [his] role demanded. The richness and expression in Rajasingam’s tone is particularly notable."
Peter Hurley, Classic Melbourne