Last Victorian Opera performance
Count Carl-Magnus Malcolm in Sondheim's A Little Night Music, June – July 2019
Last 3 major performances
- Marcello in Puccini's La Boheme, Opera Australia, 2019
- Ned Kelly in Ned Kelly, Lost and Found Opera, 2019
- Golaud in Debussy's Pelléas and Mélisande, Victorian Opera, 2018
- Bachelor of Music, Melba Conservatorium of Music, 2001-2004
- Victorian Opera Developing Artist, 2006-2008
- Opera Australia Young Artist, 2009-2011
Age when you started singing
Favourite opera or musical
Favourite opera or musical role to perform
A fun fact not many people know about you
I’m a wine enthusiast.
Where’s the strangest place you’ve performed?
The Paradise Paladium Theatre in Moorunda. A former pig shed, converted into a theatre in a town of 15 people.
Tell us about your hobbies outside opera.
Wine, sports and hiking! I moonlight in the wine industry when back at home in Tasmania, both as a cellar hand and as cellar door hand! I’m addicted to American sports. I love MLB and NFL, get suckered by the NBA and NHL. And of course, one can’t live in Tasmania and not love walking and the outdoors.
"The vocally powerful and physically striking baritone Samuel Dundas gave the performance of his career as Melisande’s paranoid and shattered husband Golaud."
Bridget Davies, The Age, 12 October 2018