ENTER A RICH WORLD OF SPECTACLE, THRILLS AND PASSION.
Subscribe to Season 2024 for a 20% discount, priority booking, dedicated customer service, hassle-free exchanges, and free on-demand Digital Access.
With excitement in our hearts and new stories up our sleeves, we invite you to Season 2024. Come, step into a refreshing and mesmerising world of song and story with Victorian Opera.
- Be thoroughly entertained with Leonard Bernstein’s broadway operetta, Candide – a lively, mischievous night out with an irresistible rhythm.
- Experience the moving, evocative narrative of the family show, Parrwang Lifts the Sky
- Revel in delight at the peculiar characters of Malcolm Williamson’s English Eccentrics.
- Dive into Giacomo Puccini’s sumptuous La Rondine, where classical grandeur meets a bygone era.
- Be thrilled with the suspense-filled musical, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
- Venture into the haunting Australian bush landscape in Eucalyptus, a modern Australian fairy tale.
Secure the best seats at the best price by subscribing, and enjoy a range of exclusive benefits.
We encourage you to book online, or phone 1300 822 849 between 10:00am – 4:30pm to speak to our subscriptions team.
Explore the season
Buy early to lock your savings. All subscription tickets attract a 20% saving compared to Single Ticket pricing.
Subscribers have first access during the priority period. Book a subscription to guarantee priority treatment. This is the easiest way to secure your preferred seats at the best price for your choice of shows.
FLEXIBILITY AND CONVENIENCE
Buy your tickets in advance; if your plans change, simply choose another date. Subscribers have the exclusive advantage of easy, fee-free ticket exchanges to suit any change in circumstances.
Subscription prices will not change throughout the season. Single Ticket prices may vary.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY DISCOUNT
Share the joy of a Victorian Opera performance with your friends and family. Purchase additional tickets to all shows with a 10% discount.
COMPLIMENTARY DIGITAL ACCESS
Love the show? Watch it again at your convenience. All subscribers receive free on-demand Digital Access viewing for performances purchased as part of their in-theatre subscription.
DEDICATED CUSTOMER SERVICE
For subscription assistance, call 1300 822 849 to speak to our Subscriptions team (Monday to Friday, 9.30 am – 4.30 pm)
Tips and info
- Subscription seating booked online is Best Available. Want to adjust your seating? Phone us on 1300 822 849.
- Additional tickets for Friends & Family may be added to your Subscription once you have finalised your order.
- All additional tickets receive at a 10% discount.
- Use the Add Request button to leave a note and and our team will be in touch to assist.
- Access and special ticketing requests will be fulfilled where possible and cannot be guaranteed.
- To book specific accessibility seating and wheelchair seating directly, please phone 1300 822 849.
For assistance with your booking including exchanges and additions to your existing subscription, email us or phone Subscription line on 1300 822 849 (Monday to Friday, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm).
Concessions and Discount Entitlements
At Victorian Opera, we put great emphasis on making our tickets affordable to as much of our community as possible.
- Concession prices include Pension and Health Care Card holders, Full-time Students, and MEAA Members.
- Other Discount prices available: Senior card holders, 30 Years and Under, Arts Access Victoria and Child (14 years & Under).
- Companion Card ticketing is available for all performances.
Victorian Opera values our 30 years & Under audience and we’ve worked hard to maintain affordable pricing options.
- 30 years & Under Subscribers pay only $30 in A, B, C or D-Reserve.
- 30 years & Under price not available in Premium reserve for Subscriptions.
- When buying a 30yrs & Under Subscription in combination with other types, you must select a price level available to all types to continue.
- $30 Single tickets are available in B, C or D-Reserve for the majority of performances.
Refunds and exchanges
- Subscribers have the exclusive advantage of easy, fee-free ticket exchanges to suit any change in circumstances.
- Victorian Opera is committed to complying with the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Read the full Code of Practice here.
Audio Description and Tactile Tours
Audio Described performance dates for 2024 are:
- English Eccentrics on Saturday 6 July, 7.30 pm
- Sweeney Todd on Friday 20 September, 7.30 pm.
If you are attending these performances and would like to reserve the use of an wireless headset and receiver or wish to reserve a spot in the Tactile Tour, you have reserve both here.
Subscription have the following options for the delivery of their tickets:
- Venue collection – pick up your tickets at the venue box office on the day.
- Via email – These tickets can be scanned directly from a smart phone or can be printed.
- eTickets (Delayed Delivery): Mobile tickets sent via email 1 week prior to each performance date.
- Print at Home tickets (PAHT): Printable tickets sent via email at time of purchase * as a PDF attachment.
- Printed tickets via Australia Post *
- Standard mail: $5.00
- Registered Post: $8.00
* Print at Home, Standard Mail, and Registered Post to be dispatched by early December 2023.
How to Subscribe
via Victorian Opera for both In-theatre and Digital Access Subscriptions
1300 822 849
Book by phone and our team will assist you with all your ticketing needs.
Complete the subscriptions form and post to:
Victorian Opera Subscriptions
PO Box 524, Carlton South, VIC 3053
In person bookings are not available.
Credit card (Mastercard, VISA, AMEX)
- Candide | $35 – $120
- Parrwang Lifts the Sky | $31
- English Eccentrics | $35 – $60
- La Rondine (The Swallow) | $35 – $144
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, A Musical Thriller | $35 – $140
- Eucalyptus | $35 – $100
- Digital Access | $24
Pricing displayed is for full-priced Subscription tickets. Subscription discounts are calculated on full-priced Single Tickets.
2024 Concessions include: Pension and Health Care Card holders, Full-time Students, and MEAA Members.
Other discount prices available: Senior, 30 Years and Under, and Child (14 years & Under). Companion Card ticketing available via 1300 822 849.