20, 22, 24 February at Palais Theatre, St Kilda
Alice Through the Opera Glass
15 June at Arts Centre Melbourne, Playhouse
A Little Night Music
27, 28, 29 June
2, 3, 4, 5, 6 July at Arts Centre Melbourne, Playhouse
Heroic Bel Canto
14 July at Arts Centre Melbourne, Hamer Hall
The Selfish Giant
17, 18, 19 October at Gasworks Theatre, Albert Park
The Barber of Seville
12, 14 December at Melbourne Recital Centre
If you are a would like to subscribe and you need assistance, please call Victorian Opera’s subscription line on 1300 822 849 and a friendly staff member will help you.
Get the most out of your Choose Your Own (CYO) subscription
Subscription package start at two shows but the more you book, the more you save. You can choose any combination you like to create your own package. Please find below a few examples:
- Two shows is the perfect package to discover Victorian Opera and the diversity of our programming. For example, choose the ultimate operatic odyssey, Parsifal, and the most musical of musicals, A Little Night Music.
- Looking for a family-friendly option? Choose a two-show package of our delightful and affordable productions, Alice Through the Opera Glass and The Selfish Giant.
- Three performances is a great way to sample Season 2019. For example, choose Wagner's Parsifal, Sondheim's A Little Night Music and Rossini's The Barber of Seville.
- For the best savings, book a 5+ package of Parsifal, A Little Night Music, Heroic Bel Canto, The Barber of Seville and The Selfish Giant to save $222 in Premium, $177 in A-Reserve and $129 in B-Reserve.
Opt-in to the Victorian Opera mailing list when you subscribe to receive advance information about performances, special events and offers. You can find information on our Privacy and Ticketing Complaint Policies here.
Are you 30 Years and Under?
- Buy an unlimited Season Pass for $125 and see every performance in 2019. Numbers are limited to 30, so don’t wait! More information and how to book can be found here. (Terms and Conditions apply.)
- Personalise a subscription as above and pay the low price of $55 for A-Reserve and just $30 for B and C-Reserve per show.
Your exclusive 2019 Subscriber Benefits include:
- Priority ticketing: Enjoy first access to dates and seating for all performances. You will also get access to the exclusive pre-sale of Season 2020 subscriptions.
- Flexibility and convenience: Have the exclusive advantage of exchanging tickets across the Season. Buy your tickets in advance - if your plans change, simply choose another date.
- We waived the fees: No ticket exchange fee and no credit card fee for subscribers.
- Price guaranteed: Subscription prices will not change, where Single Ticket prices may vary during the season.
- Family and friends discount: Share your love of opera with your friends and family. Purchase additional tickets to all shows with 10% off.
- Pay in instalments: You can pay for your subscription in two easy instalments. 50% at the time of the booking and the balance in the week beginning 14 January 2019.
- Dedicated Victorian Opera subscription line: Call 1300 822 849 and the dedicated staff at Arts Centre Melbourne will assist you with all your subscription needs throughout Season 2019.
- Earlybird access to 2020 subscriptions: As a 2019 subscriber, you will get exclusive access to 2020 subscriptions two weeks before sales officially open.
- Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra (TSO) discount: Receive a 10% discount on full-price adult Single Tickets to the TSO's 2019 Season with proof of current Victorian Opera subscription.
Choose Your Own (CYO) 2019 Subscription Packages
|2 Show CYO||Save 10% on any two shows|
|3-4 Show CYO||Save 20% on any three or four shows|
|5+ Show CYO||Save 30% on any five or more shows|
Subscription pricing applies to Full, Concession and 30 Years and Under ticket buyers. Discount savings are calculated on Full Single Ticket prices for 2019. Concession and 30 Years and Under subscription pricing does not apply to Premium seating. Tickets must be purchased in a single transaction as a package. A $8.50 Subscription Processing Fee applies per order to bookings made online, by phone or mail. Subscriptions close - Monday 4 March 2019
Please allow up to four weeks for your subscription to be processed.
If you have any issues booking online, please phone the Victorian Opera Subscription line on 1300 822 849.
2019 Concession and Discount prices available
- Pension and Health Care Card holders
- Full-time Students
- 30 Years and Under
- MEAA Members
- Arts Centre Melbourne Arts Industry Card holders
Concession do not apply to Premium seating.
Other Discount prices available
- 30 Years and Under
- Child prices (14 years and under) for The Selfish Giant and Alice Through the Opera Glass.
How to Subscribe
We recommend you subscribe online: it's easy, fast and you will not need to do the calculations. However if you prefer you can also subscribe by Post or In Person:
- Choose your preferred time and dates from Season 2019 (p. 36 of the season brochure).
- Choose the number of tickets you require for each performance.
- Complete the attached form in the season brochure (p. 41) or download the form on this page.
- Submit your subscription by post to:
Victorian Opera Subscriptions
PO Box 7585
St Kilda Road, VIC 8004
1300 822 849 Victorian Opera Subscription line (via Arts Centre Melbourne)
Arts Centre Melbourne
Smorgon Family Plaza Box Office
(Theatres Building), 100 St Kilda Road
- Click the 'Subscribe and Save' button.
- Online subscriptions are processed via Arts Centre Melbourne.
- At this time we do not offer 'select your own seating' through our online subscriptions. If you are not satisfied with your best available seating, simply make a note at the end of your booking before the final confirmation. A Subscriptions team member will contact you to adjust the seating to your match your preferences where possible.
- Be sure to note any accessibility requirements and seating preferences during your booking.
- Subscriptions on sale - Wednesday 10 October 2018
- Parsifal Single Tickets on sale - Friday 12 October 2018
- All other Single Tickets on sale - Monday 12 November 2018
You can pay by credit card (Mastercard, VISA, AMEX) or cheque (payable to Arts Centre Melbourne).
Subscription processing fee
All subscriptions submitted via mail, phone or online will attract an $8.50 subscription processing fee per transaction. Submit all orders for yourself and your co-subscribers together and only pay one fee.
If you are purchasing a subscription for more than one person, there are two options:
Paying together: Include the contact details for each person while booking using the form, online or over the phone. There is space for up to four subscribers. Include relevant Concession or date of birth. Choose the Opt-in for each subscriber if they would like to receive communications from us. Due to Privacy legislation, the confirmation of booking will only be sent to the Primary Subscriber listed on the booking form.
Paying separately: Complete separate subscriptions and submit them together. Indicate the subscribers you wish to be seated with, on your form (please ask the other subscribers to do the same). If booking online or over the phone, be sure to mention your wish to be seated with other subscribers in your party.