In 2021, we have transformed our subscriptions to provide the best possible experience under changing conditions. Our new quarterly subscription packages allow audiences to buy with confidence under the most up-to-date circumstances.
Buy two or more shows in a quarter and save 20%. Season 2021 is structured into quarters with performances grouped according to date. The exclusive subscription period of each quarter will be limited to a two-week period.
Subscription savings are based on Single Ticket prices for 2021. Tickets must be purchased as a package in one transaction per quarter.
We have a wide range of prices to suit every budget
- 2021 Concession prices include: Pension and Health Care Card holders, Full-time Students, MEAA Members.
- Other Discount prices available: Senior, 30 Years and Under, Child (14 years and under) for select performances.
- Companion Card ticketing available.
- Subscriptions on sale: Thursday 26 November to Wednesday 9 December 2020
- Single Tickets on sale: Thursday 10 December 2020
- Subscriptions on sale: Thursday 11 February to Wednesday 24 February 2021
- Single Tickets on sale: Thursday 25 February 2021
- Subscriptions on sale: Thursday 20 May to Wednesday 2 June 2021
- Single Tickets on sale: Thursday 3 June 2021
- Subscriptions on sale: Thursday 2 September to Wednesday 15 September 2021
- Single Tickets on sale: Thursday 16 September 2021
The full range of benefits apply to all subscription packages. There is a price level to suit all budgets including Adult, Concession, Senior and 30 Years and Under.
- Priority Ticketing - Enjoy first access for all performances during the subscriptions-only priority period. This is the best way to secure your tickets for your favourite shows. Book a subscription to guarantee you don’t miss out in case safe distancing restrictions reduce capacity.
- Flexibility and Convenience - Subscribers have the exclusive advantage of fee-free ticket exchanges to suit any change in circumstances. Buy your tickets in advance – if your plans change, simply choose another date.
- Prices Guaranteed - Subscription prices will not change throughout the season. Single Ticket prices may vary.
- Dedicated Customer Service - For in-theatre subscription assistance, call 1300 822 849 to speak to our team at Arts Centre Melbourne. (Monday – Friday, 9.30 am – 4.30 pm). For Virtual Victorian Opera subscription assistance, call (03) 9001 6400. (Monday – Friday, 9.30 am – 4.30 pm)
- Save on Virtual Victorian Opera digital access - All subscribers save 20% on live and on-demand streaming in 2021.
- Season 2020 Ticket Holders - All ticket holders from the Season 2020 postponed performances of The Who's Tommy and The Friends of Salamanca will be contacted prior to those performances going on sale. Ticket holders will be given the choice of new dates to transfer their tickets. If no new date is suitable a refund will be offered via the original ticket seller.
- 30 Years and Under - Our 30 Years and Under audience save up to 70% on full-priced tickets. All tickets in a dedicated subscription package are only $30 in A, B, C or D-Reserve.
- Get the most out of your subscription - Join Victorian Opera’s mailing list to keep up to date on new content, company updates, upcoming events, special offers and behind-the-scenes peeks. Indicate your wish to join while buying your subscription or sign up now.
- COVID-Safe Performances - The safety of our audience and team is vital. COVID safe procedures will be adhered to throughout our season. Details will be shared on our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information page and in our pre-show communications.
- Refunds and Exchanges - Victorian Opera is committed to complying with the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Visit victorianopera.com.au/privacy for more information. All performances cancelled due to COVID-19 or a related reason will be eligible for refund or donation of tickets according to the ticket holder’s preference.
- Accessibility - We have a wide range of additional initiatives and resources to provide an accessible experience for our whole audience. Read more on our Accessibility page.
- Audio Description. Do you or anyone in your party require the use of an audio description headset? Audio Description is available for the following performances:
- Echo and Narcissus/Cassandra: Saturday 20 March 2021, 7.30 pm
- Parrwang Lifts the Sky: Saturday 12 June 2021, 11.00 am
- The Who's Tommy: Wednesday 18 August 2021, 7.30 pm
- The Butterfly Lovers: Tuesday 16 November 2021, 7.30 pm
How to subscribe – In-Theatre subscriptions
If you would like to request a Season 2021 brochure, please email us and one will be posted to you.
- Online - via Arts Centre Melbourne
- Phone - 1300 822 849. Book by phone and our friendly subscriptions team will assist you with all your ticketing needs (via Arts Centre Melbourne).
- Post - During Season 2021, there will be no paper subscription forms. This change will help avoid postal delays and ensure the safety of our ticketing staff. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you require assistance, please phone 1300 822 849 or email.
- In person - Due to community health and safety restrictions, subscriptions cannot be processed in person at Arts Centre Melbourne.
- Payments - Credit card (Mastercard, VISA, AMEX)
- Subscription processing fee - All in-theatre subscriptions attract an $8.95 processing fee. Save on fees by submitting a combined order for yourself and your co-subscribers.
Purchasing a subscription for more than one person
- Paying together - Provide the contact details for each person when booking, including relevant Concession or Senior card numbers and dates of birth. Indicate whether your co-subscribers would like to opt-in to our mailing list. Due to privacy legislation, the confirmation of booking will only be sent to the Primary Subscriber for each booking.
- Paying separately - Complete separate subscriptions. Indicate the subscribers you wish to be seated with when booking and ask the other subscriber to do the same. Bookings made at approximately the same time are more likely to be seated together.
For Season 2021, you will have the choice of delivery methods. These options include eTicket, Mobile Ticket, and Venue Collection. Due to COVID-19, it is currently not possible to post printed tickets.
Virtual Victorian Opera Digital Access
If you are unable to join us at the theatre in Season 2021, you have the option of viewing select performances online as part of our Virtual Victorian Opera program, including:
Digital access for these productions can be purchased directly from Victorian Opera as a digital subscription or individually, with both live and on-demand streaming options available.
Virtual Victorian Opera digital subscriptions are available for $24 per performance.
How to subscribe – Virtual Victorian Opera digital subscriptions
Book directly with Victorian Opera for all livestream or digital events.
- Online - via Victorian Opera
- Phone - (03) 9001 6400
- Payments - Credit card (Mastercard, VISA, AMEX)
- Subscription processing fee - All Virtual Victorian Opera subscriptions attract a $2.50 processing fee per order.
|Performance||Premium||A-Reserve||B-Reserve||C-Reserve||D-Reserve||One Reserve||Digital Access|
|The Sleeping Beauty||$96-$100||$30-$84||$30-$64||$30-$47||$30-$35|
|Echo and Narcissus / Cassandra||$30-$76||$30-$52||$30-$35||$24|
|The Pearl Fishers||$99-$103||$30-$79||$30-$55||$30-$35|
|Parrwang Lifts the Sky||$22-$30||$24|
|The Who's Tommy||$123-$127||$30-$103||$30-$79||$30-$35|
|The Butterfly Lovers||$30-$76||$30-$44||$30-$35|
|The Friends of Salamanca||$30-$52||$30-$44||$30-$35|
|The Merry Wives of Windsor||$30-$60||$30-$44||$30-$35|
Subscription pricing applies to Full (Adult), Concession, Senior and 30 Years and Under ticket buyers. Subscription discount savings are calculated on full-priced Single Ticket prices for 2021. Concession subscription prices are available to Pension and Health Care Card holders, full-time Students and MEAA Members.
Tickets must be purchased in a single transaction as a package. A $8.95 Subscription Processing Fee applies per order.
For assistance with In-theatre Subscriptions, please phone the Victorian Opera Subscription line on 1300 822 849 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am-4:30pm). For assistance with Virtual Victorian Opera Digital Subscriptions please email us or phone (03) 9001 6400 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am-4:30pm).
Ticket prices are correct at time of publishing and may vary. A booking fee may apply. Price reserve maps for this production can be found on our Venue Information page. Information on our Privacy and Ticketing Policies can be found here.
We strongly advise that tickets only be purchased via authorised ticket sellers. For Season 2021 Subscriptions these may include Arts Centre Melbourne or Victorian Opera. Tickets purchased through unauthorised sellers cannot be guaranteed.